Equator® Rope Tension Gauge
The importance of equal tension in elevator ropes on a traction elevator is well known to Elevator Installers and Maintenance Engineers.
Unequal tension creates vibration and rope slip, which leads to premature wear of cables and traction sheave grooves. To help prevent this, it is important to ensure that rope tensions are equal on all cables supporting the elevator car and counterweight.
The Equator® Rope Tensioning System from Drucegrove is a quick and easy method to accurately adjust and equalise rope tensions. It uses two identical injection moulded gauges to compare, and ensure the tension in traction elevator hoist cables can be equalised.
The system is fast to implement, and the rope tension measurements are incredibly accurate due to the way that the gauges are initially calibrated on the same rope.
- Saves money for building managers and elevator contractors.
- No power or data cables required for operation.
- Designed for use on a range of elevator ropes from 6mm (¼”) to 20mm (¾”).
- Comprises of two identical high quality injection moulded gauges.
- Fast and easy to implement.
- Incredibly accurate due to the unique way that the two gauges are initially calibrated on the same rope.
A detailed overview of the usage method can be found in the Equator Rope Tensioning System User Manual.
2 × Injection Moulded Gauge
4 × Small Hook
4 × Large Hook
2 × Adjustable Hook Assembly
2 × Non-Adjustable Hook Assembly
2 × Rope Locator
4 × End Cap
1 × Adjustment Tool All enclosed in a sturdy plastic carry case
Contact us for more information
Drucegrove are ISO9001 approved and we have been designing and manufacturing indicators, speech units and intercoms in the UK since 1983.
We offer a constant stream of innovation, routinely bringing products to market with a creative flair that is often impossible to nurture in a larger organisation.
Get in Touch
Connect with us