Your privacy is critically important to us
Drucegrove Ltd. is located at:Unit 12, Abbey Mead Industrial Park, Waltham Abbey, Essex, EN9 1HU, England, United Kingdom
Like most website operators, Drucegrove Ltd. collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Drucegrove Ltd.’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Drucegrove Ltd.’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Drucegrove Ltd. may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Drucegrove Ltd. also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for visitors and for users using our live chat. Drucegrove Ltd. only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Drucegrove Ltd.’s websites choose to interact with Drucegrove Ltd. in ways that require Drucegrove Ltd. to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Drucegrove Ltd. gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. We keep this information to verify the user and personalise the experience in our website. We do sell any information to third-parties.
What kind of information do we collect, when and how?
There are a few ways we collect your information. This could be when you:
- Create and log in to your My Virgin Media account on our website.
- Contact us by telephone, email, electronic messaging ( such as SMS, MMS or live chat tools).
- Visit this website.
We’ll never keep more information from you than we need to. The types of information we collect will depend upon: (i) whether we collect the information from you and (ii) how / when we collect that information.
Information you give to us:
- When you create an online account, apply for and/or purchase our products or services or contact us with queries we’ll ask you to give us, where necessary, your generic details (i.e. name, surname, date of birth), your contact details (i.e. address, email, phone number), your financial details (i.e. bank account, payment method, credit card number)
- When you talk to us on the phone, email, communicate via electronic messaging (such as SMS, MMS or live chat tools), write to us or visit us in our factory
Why do we collect your information?
There are a few ways we use the information we hold about you. We’ll use it:
Where it is necessary to perform our contract with you
- To process your orders for our products and services and to bill you for the same
- To provide you with the products and services you have ordered from us
- To provide access to privileged areas of our online services (Drucegrove “My Account”)
- To respond to any questions or complaints you may have regarding our products and services
Where you have given us your consent
To send you details of products, services, special offers and rewards that we think will be of interest to you. However, we hate junk mail as much as you do so it’s up to you to decide whether or not you want to receive this information. It will be covered further down
Where we process your information on the basis of your consent, you have got the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by:
- Accessing our Privacy Centre (link provided in the bottom-left corner of our site), or contacting us
- This won’t affect the lawfulness of anything that we have done with your information on the basis of consent prior to that point
Where we have got a legitimate interest – which is where we have got a good reason to process your data; e.g. situations where Drucegrove needs to process information to operate its business. Processing activities based on a legitimate interest are:
- To provide you with service information and updates in relation to the products and services you have ordered from us
- To enable us to gain customer insights and to review, develop and improve our products and services
- Defining types of customers for new products or services and personalise service offers to you
- Complying with laws and regulations that apply to us
- To personalise your experience of our services e.g. your interaction with our technical support or digital platforms.
Where we’ve got a legal obligation to process personal information:
Drucegrove is required to retain some personal data for legal reasons such as:
- Responding to courts and enforcement authorities
- To help authorities with any security, crime or anti-terrorism enquiries
- Administering call caps
Who do we share your information with?
We won’t pass on your personal information to third parties except in accordance with this policy and our Terms and Conditions or where we are required to disclose that information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How do we protect your information?
The security of your information is really important to us. Any information sent to us is protected using robust security methods. The methods we use are industry-standard ensuring data is safeguarded whilst being sent over unprotected communications paths such as the internet. When it reaches us, we store it securely and only provide access to it by those authorised. Although we safeguard your personal information once received, Virgin Media cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information you transmit to us using online methods.
Our security measures include:
- Encryption of data where appropriate
- Regular penetration testing of systems
- Security controls which protect the entire Drucegrove Information Technology infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach
- Training for employees on security and privacy
How do we keep your information?
We collect and store your data safely and only for the time strictly necessary to operate services provided to you by Drucegrove and/or based on the reasons that we process your personal data. Afterwards it’ll either be destroyed or anonymised.
When determining the relevant time we store information periods, we take into account factors such as:
- Legal obligation(s) requiring data to be kept for certain periods of time
- (Potential) disputes
- Guidelines issued by the UK’s data protection authority.
A few examples for how long we’ll keep your data:
- Unless you ask us not to, we store your generic details (i.e. name, surname, contact details) for up to five years after you stop being our customer, to contact you just in case you need assistance with our products or services.
- We keep your billing data for 7 years, for tax purposes.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We do not make use of external adverts in our website.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Drucegrove Ltd. discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Drucegrove Ltd.’s behalf or to provide services available at Drucegrove Ltd.’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Drucegrove Ltd.’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Drucegrove Ltd. will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Drucegrove Ltd. discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Drucegrove Ltd. believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Drucegrove Ltd., third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of http://www.drucegrove.com and have supplied your email address, Drucegrove Ltd. may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Drucegrove Ltd. and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Drucegrove Ltd. takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Drucegrove Ltd. may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. However, Drucegrove Ltd. does not disclose your personally-identifying information. Drucegrove Ltd. does not use affiliate links and does not earn a commission from links.
Without the following cookies, our website will not work properly. They help you move around the areas of the website and do things you’ve specifically come to the website for.
What they do:
Remember things like products you put in your basket and information you enter in forms such as our checkout. Without these cookies, this information would be lost every time you go to a new page.
If you’re signed in to an area, these cookies recognise that you have already signed in. Without them, you might need to sign in each time you go to a new page.
When you fill in a form with your name or other details, these cookies remember that, so you don’t have to type it in each time you come back. They also remember changes to text size and font and other things you can customise.
What they do:
- Remember any settings you’ve applied, such as layout, text size and preferences
- Remember if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey so that we don’t keep asking you
- Allow us to offer you live chat sessions to offer you help or support
- They show you when you’re logged in to the website